Agency Operation Manager - To $175K
We currently represent a large Property and Casualty Insurance Agency in the Needham/ Wellesley MA area that has a need for an experience Agency Operations Manager. In this role you will be working directly with the senior management of this agency to build, manage, and develop the agency’s Commercial and Personal Lines departments.
In this position you will be responsible for development and administration of all phases of Commercial Lines account management. You will be responsible for department administration, including budgeting and hiring of staff, completion of personnel evaluation reviews, training and overall monitoring of daily workflow. You will provide specific day-to-day direction and support to all department units.
Essential Job Functions
- Responsible for administration of Commercial, Personal, and Health benefits account service functions.
- Responsible for handling a select few High Value Commercial Lines accounts in addition to management responsibilities.
- Complete periodic performance evaluations of all department personnel, provide support, and create an atmosphere that encourages employee growth and positive development.
- Hire, train and maintain a proper and efficient processing and underwriting staff in coordination with management and personnel guidelines.
- Develop and periodically review job descriptions, account management procedures and department standards in coordination with management.
- Responsible for the design, implementation and monitoring of quality control measures to minimize errors on policies, applications, billings and other department documentation.
- Conduct internal procedural and client audits.
- Responsible for maintenance of ongoing commercial lines data and reports.
The following are required to enable the employee to perform the essential functions of the job.
- Skills/knowledge – Excellent communication and negotiating skills required. Superior business judgment and analytical and problem-solving ability needed. Strong organizational skills necessary.
- Experience/education –A minimum of ten years insurance experience, including account management and supervisory experience. Multi-state experience is helpful. College degree required. Additional courses desirable. Must have exposure to CPCU, CIC or AV designations.
Our client is offering an extremely competitive salary and benefits plan with includes a base salary up to $175,000 (based on experience) in addition to:
- A comprehensive Medical Insurance plan
- A bonus plan that has been averaging 6-7% of total pay (including commissions) over the past 3 years
- A 401K plan with company match up to 4% of your W-2 earnings
- 4 weeks’ vacation
- 8 personal days (they pay you for unused days).
- They pay for all your continuing Ed classes