Sells insurance to new and current clients by performing the following duties.
Responsibilities for this role include, but are not limited to the following:
• Compiles lists of prospective clients to provide leads for additional business.
• Contacts prospective clients and explains features and merits of policies offered, recommending amount and type of coverage based on analysis of prospect's circumstances.
• Calculates and quotes premium rates for recommended policies.
• Calls on policyholders to deliver and explain policy, to suggest additions or changes in insurance program.
• Collects premiums from policyholders and keeps record of payments.
• Responsible for responding to endorsement, and renewal, inquiries including:
• Educating the client on endorsement and renewal coverage options
• Maintaining the book of business and remarketing renewals as necessary
• Providing quotes on endorsement and renewal changes
• Advising customers on the need for additional lines of coverage
• Maintaining activity on the agency management system to reflect conversations and transactions completed on behalf of the client and carrier
• Responsible for properly documenting all changes in the computer and for generating memos/letters when appropriate to the client confirming changes
• Responsible for soliciting the reasons for cancellation, also responsible
• Resolve customer issues so they remain with Eastern Insurance
• Document cancellations including reasons in the agency management system
• Responsible for participating in special projects as requested by management.
• Must maintain Property and Casualty licensing requirements, including but not limited to CEU's.
Education and Experience
Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university; or 5+ years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Massachusetts Property and Casualty Agent's License.
• Valid Driver's License.
• Must be able to travel 60% of the time.