Location: Current openings in Lowell, MA & Portsmouth, NH!
Our Role: A Client Manager (“CM”) within Fred C. Church’s commercial business is responsible for managing new and renewal policies for our customers. Each set of customers has unique insurance requirements and interesting risk profiles. The CM ensures timely and accurate coverage while providing superior customer service in accordance with Commercial Guidelines. This is a great opportunity to continue to grow your insurance expertise and gain knowledge within specific industries. We insure manufacturers, schools, churches, outdoor and adventure organizations, engineering firms, food establishments and more. The CM is a true business partner of the customer!
- Identify exposures, obtain underwriting information and provide appropriate insurance coverage for clients
- Analyze exposures for new and renewal clients; prepare comprehensive submissions for marketing
- Prepare accurate policy summaries and claim reports as needed
- Work closely with internal departments: Claims, Sales, CSS and Accounting to achieve best outcome for client and agency
- Escalate client issues appropriately to Team Leader
- Continue professional development and establish education goal with timeline for completion
- Follow all internal procedures and document all client activity carefully
- Understand potential for errors or omissions and seek guidance when necessary
- Maintain professional and productive relationships with both clients and colleagues
- Licensed P&C Producer, or willingness to successfully obtain license within 3 to 6 months of starting position
- Minimum 3-5 years of experience with an agency or carrier handling commercial accounts
- First-hand knowledge of underwriting procedures, rating plans and state and federal insurance laws
- Familiarity with the Applied EPIC insurance agency management system a plus
- Experienced user of MS Office – Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- College degree preferred
- Appropriate professional designation(s) - CIC, AAI, CPCU, ARM a plus
- Outstanding customer service orientation
- Consistent attention to detail and accuracy in all aspects of work
- Strong analytical mindset
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
- Adapt to change, juggle multiple assignments and shifting deadlines, and manage stressful situations professionally
- Demonstrate initiative, accountability and the ability to work independently and across a team
Please include your resume and a cover letter when applying. No phone calls, please.
Fred C. Church is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. Come join us!