CL Sales Executive III
Sells insurance to new and current clients, managing portfolios and relationships.
Responsibilities include the following but are not limited to:
- Compiles lists of prospective clients to provide leads for additional business.
- Contacts prospective clients and explains features and merits of policies offered, recommending amount and type of coverage based on analysis of prospect's circumstances.
- Calculates and quotes premium rates for recommended policies.
- Calls on policyholders to deliver and explain policy, to suggest additions or changes in insurance program.
- Collects premiums from policyholders and keeps record of payments.
- Responsible for responding to endorsement, and renewal, inquiries including:
- Educating the client on endorsement and renewal coverage options
- Maintaining the book of business and remarketing renewals as necessary
- Providing quotes on endorsement and renewal changes
- Advising customers on the need for additional lines of coverage
- Maintaining activity on the agency management system to reflect conversations and transactions completed on behalf of the client and carrier
- Responsible for properly documenting all changes in the computer and for generating memos/letters when appropriate to the client confirming changes
- Responsible for soliciting the reasons for cancellation, also responsible for trying to resolve customer issues so they remain with Eastern Insurance
- Document cancellations including reasons in the agency management system
- Responsible for participating in special projects as requested by management.
- Must maintain Property and Casualty licensing requirements, including but not limited to CEU's.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university; or 8+ years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
Certifications, Licenses, Registrations
- Massachusetts Property and Casualty Agent's License.
- Valid Driver's License.
- Must be able to travel 60% of the time.