PL Inside Sales Executive I
The PL Inside Sales Executive will be responsible for selling personal lines insurance to new and existing customers to MA and out of the state customers. The candidate must achieve four consecutive years of $70k or greater in new business revenue production, or a combined total of $280k in new business revenue production in a four-year period at Eastern Insurance.
Responsible for new business sales including but not limited to the following:
- Placement of incoming new business, remarketing requests for existing accounts as necessary, as well as cross-sell policies.
- Contacting prospective new clients generated by a range of lead sources, including bank referrals, carrier referrals and website leads.
- Outbound sales, following up on leads provided to present quotes
- Contact referral leads provided by service or branch office personal lines account representatives
- Marketing/placing new business for all out-of-state policies referred by producers, or field/service center account representatives.
- Participate in new marketing campaigns and providing information to the Inside Sales Manager regarding the success of each campaign.
- Maintaining a prospecting data base of leads quoted and sales results
- Updating a lead tracking in Agency Management system with pipeline activities
- Inform Inside Sales Manager of difficult to place risks, or risks that do not meet underwriting criteria.
- Performs other related duties as requested.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent from four-year college or technical school; or four to ten years related experience and/or training in an agency environment; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Personal computer knowledge and experience such as MS Outlook, Word, Excel, etc. is required. Prior experience with EPIC is preferred.
- Knowledge of insurance applications and Registry of Motor Vehicles procedures is preferred.
- Excellent oral communication and organizational skills.
- Must demonstrate the ability to work well in a team environment.
- Must experience a commitment to exceed or internal and external customer’s expectations.
- Must be able to work independently.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, and percentages.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
- The ability to multitask is a plus.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
- Licensed agent status for the State of Massachusetts and all other states where Eastern Insurance conducts business within one year of hire as required. Maintains current Property and Casualty License, including, but not limited to, CEU's.