Select Sales Executive II
At Eastern Insurance, we strive to be true to our customers, communities, and the valued employees who help us carry out our mission. The Commercial Lines Group is seeking a Select Sales Executive support clients to make informed decisions on their business needs.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Compiles lists of prospective clients to provide leads for additional business.
- Contacts prospective clients and explains features and merits of policies offered, recommending amount and type of coverage based on analysis of prospect's circumstances.
- Calculates and quotes premium rates for recommended policies.
- Calls on policyholders to deliver and explain policy, to suggest additions or changes in insurance program.
- Collects premiums from policyholders and keeps record of payments.
- Responsible for responding to endorsement and renewal inquiries including:
- Educating the client on endorsement and renewal coverage options
- Maintaining the book of business and remarketing renewals as necessary
- Providing quotes on endorsement and renewal changes
- Advising customers on the need for additional lines of coverage
- Maintaining activity on the agency management system to reflect conversations and transactions completed on behalf of the client and carrier
- Responsible for properly documenting all changes in the computer and for generating memos/letters when appropriate to the client confirming changes
- Responsible for soliciting the reasons for cancellation and attempting to resolve customer issues in order to maintain them as customers
- Document cancellations including reasons in the agency management system
- Responsible for participating in special projects as requested by management.
- Must maintain Property and Casualty licensing requirements, including but not limited to CEU's.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor's degree (B.A.) from four-year college or university; or one to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the public
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, and percentages.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
- Massachusetts Property and Casualty Agent's License
- Valid Driver's License
- Must be able to travel 60% of the time