About Us: Fred C. Church is one of the top 100 independent insurance agencies in the nation. We are licensed in all fifty states and belong to the Assurex Global network helping to support our clients’ international needs. Our 165 employees are knowledgeable, client-oriented and enjoy creating solutions for our policyholders.
Our Role: The Vice President, Client Service, Commercial Insurance is a brand new position to Fred C. Church and oversees all of the Commercial Lines client management teams. The role is responsible for the daily activities of our Client Managers, including the delivery of outstanding customer service, client retention, business growth and full staff development. Reporting to the Senior Vice President, Commercial Lines Manager, the Vice President, Client Service is a key leader and mentor in supporting our growth, strong reputation, and terrific employees.
- Oversee the daily activities of Commercial Lines Client Managers
- Establish performance targets and continuously monitor, analyze and track ongoing performance results
- Develop performance metrics, leveraging our agency management system and other data driven tools
- Work with the Senior Vice President, Commercial Lines Manager and other commercial lines leaders to help set direction and define strategy
- Support a culture of the highest degree of quality, customer satisfaction, and compliance with Company policies and procedures
- Ensure balanced resource allocations
- Monitor and update workflow procedures to support a high level of customer service
- Develop Team Leaders to be strong supervisors as well as role-model client managers
- Participate in the recruitment, hiring, training and career development of a top-notch client service team
- Assist staff in working through more challenging and escalated cases
- Demonstrated ability to organize, lead and develop high performance service teams
- 7-10 years of experience in supervisory/managerial role
- 10+ years of experience as commercial lines service agent or equivalent position
- Strong technical skills and understanding of insurance underwriting and coverage
- Comfortable using Agency Management systems; experience with Applied EPIC preferred
- Advanced user of MS Excel and/or other data reporting and analysis tools
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Master’s degree or CPCU preferred
- Other industry designations a plus
- Motivational and engaging people manager and leader
- Excellent organizational and planning skills
- Ability to adjust priorities and manage time wisely in a fast paced environment
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Comfortable delivering important messages in person and virtually
- Analytical mindset – able to draw conclusions from both qualitative and quantitative results
The role may require limited travel to other Fred C. Church offices and offsite meetings. As a result, dependable transportation is necessary.
To Apply: Please include your resume and a cover letter when applying. No phone calls and direct candidates only, please.
Fred C. Church is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. Come join us!